Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gardener Fall - Chapter 2c - by nova

"Okay Thompson" I told him, "It's showtime."

"Hi G!" He smiled brightly. How the hell he managed keep his teeth so white was beyond me. "Its not like you think. I was..."

"Save it."

That's when his woman started screaming at me "Not you! You're going to kill him. That's all you do!" She was in my face now and whatever she had in the way of looks going for her were gone. Buried in her rage and anger. She looked like a homeless woman screaming in a restaurant window at the people who were eating her dinner.

"You kill like it is nothing! You're a freak! You should be on trial here.." That's when Night came up behind her, grabbed a fistful of hair and jerked her backwards while kicking her behind the knee joint and folding her leg under her.

Night had her fillet knife out, the sharp side of the blade under the woman's nose. She didn't mutter or yell. Instead she said quietly but loud enough to be heard by everyone "Say another word and I cut off your nose. Say two and I cut your throat. Nod if you understand me."

The woman nodded. Night didn't move the blade so the woman cut her nose doing it. She didn't say "Ouch" though. She just looked up at me and I watched as the anger drained from her face to be replaced by fear, intense sadness, and a woman ten years older for a span of a second or two before she recovered. She needed to learn a trade soon because what I saw wasn't going to be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment