Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Unknown - Chapter 10c - by nova

Chapter 10c

I had been having nightmares since I was old enough to remember. The only difference over the years was the theme and my reactions inside the dream. One of the reasons I slept alone for the last few decades was my habit of punching and kicking who ever was lying next to me. Not intentionally, it was a reaction to the battles I was fighting in the dreamworld. I always felt bad about it, apologized profusely, and after the third time it happened I was back to sleeping alone.

I never knew when a dream was going to be a nightmare. They just were. This one started nicely enough for a nightmare. I was sitting in the woods on a log screened by some half assed bushes from the meadow that was beyond. The day was sunny and in this dream I felt young which was one of the few good things I liked about dreams.

Then it went downhill. The sunlight faded, in my dream I looked up at the sky to see if clouds were rolling in but there was no sky. I looked back down and the bushes were gone and a crow, a large one, a very large one, was there instead.

I said, "Hello crow."

"Hello Gardener."

I recognized the voice and decided, told myself,"screw this, I'm going to wake up." In the dream I was blinking my eyes rapidly but the damn crow was still there.

"I'm still here." Then she giggled.

"Yeah. I noticed. Why the crow suit?"

"I don't know. I thought I would wing it?"

"That was lame Freya. Lame as you showing up here."

The crow sighed which I thought was kind of cool for some bizarre dream reason.

"I thought we should talk."

"Why? I'm done with you. We went through all this a long time ago."

I was talking to nothing before I finished saying this, the crow disappeared and Freya, the version I remembered was standing there except she looked more like Cate Blanchett then usual. I was okay with that. I liked Cate Blanchett a lot better. Then she ruined it by talking.

"What happened was just that. You never did understand what I showed you so long ago. I forgive you for that and I have decided..."

"Forgive me! FORGIVE ME! Fuck you bitch!" I was on my feet and running at her. I was going to beat the hell out of her. Then maybe I would kill her.

1 comment:

  1. " Back in the Saddle again, Yes, I'm back in the saddle again..."

    I have to admit for some reason I Freya - things get interesting when she is around!

    ReplyDelete