Wednesday, January 5, 2011

American Apocalypse IV - Chapter 13d - by Nova

"You know what Zane? I'm going to have to teach you how to drive."

I pulled up in front of the trailer, killed the lights, and put it in Park.

"Really G! That would be so cool!"

"Yeah." I opened the door "Problem is your legs are to short. I figure if I shut them in this door and pull real hard I can stretch them out." Then I jumped down.   "Watch Woof. Make sure he doesn't eat anyone" and I slammed the cab door. I walked away laughing as he yelled "No way!"

I walked past two troopers who had stopped talking as soon as I pulled up and had tracked me every step of the way since.

I walked past them and I didn't miss the disdain in the younger ones eyes. The other one, maybe ten years older told his buddy as I opened the trailer door "Check that shit out. We got cowboys again." His buddy replied "Fed asshole."  I was smiling as I entered the trailer.  They were sucking serious power as it was cold inside from the air conditioning and lit up like an operating room from the florescent lighting.

They had a desk as you came in. Behind that was a coffeepot on a table and a couple of chairs that were empty. Behind that was another desk that was occupied by a bored looking white woman with her pulled back tight and wearing the Ohio gray uniform.  The desk in front was relatively bare and had a bored looking white guy who as soon as I saw him "Corn Fed" popped into my head. I wasn't surprised by the bored look. They looked competent and the job was probably boring except for the usual five minutes of  a violent encounter or whatever came close.

4 comments:

  1. NMD, you see them in California's central valley too. Big boys,and hard. Not stupid at all,but not exposed to much diversity growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TomStone, I've seen them :D that's why it's funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a lot of people out there that are really stupid.

    Are sure? I understand that half the country is below the median IQ!

    ReplyDelete