Friday, January 28, 2011

American Apocalypse

Thank you for all your comments.

Right now this is what I see happening as far as the series goes:

AA V - They get to the promised land.  I will wrap up the loose ends to date and probably add some.  The problem is, at least in my life, is some loose ends never get tied up. Shit just happens.  Also it is too much to expect that a group like this would see more than a leg or two of the elephant.  Should something like this ever happen I think that is going to be very true. Especially with the Internet down, and if it is working, like we have seen in Egypt, severely crippled.  It's going to be word of mouth and whatever passes the ruling party censors.

In AA IV I was going to write the start of the next leg down.  I don't think there will be a quick descent to a state of total savagery.  There will be a bottom at a level of technology that will provide the support for a new civilization. I have not figured out what that level will be,  I am still thinking 1880's.  That period, if you were born then, went from horses and trains to cars, rockets, and TV in your lifetime.

Then I hope to write more Gardener books.  Right now I am thinking once he gets to the promised land and the Horde settles in he gets bored and goes off to rid the area around it off bad people.  This just struck me  -- perhaps as Freya's Marshall.

AA VI - will be the final, or as final as life gets, battles. 

As far as characters go I consider some of them the core to the story. If I kill them off then there is no more story.

Thank you for reading and for all your comments.

P.S. If you have read anything of mine can you leave a review on Amazon or Barnes and Noble?  Barnes and Noble being the best place.

11 comments:

  1. For those wanting to leave reviews:

    B&N
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/American-Apocalypse/Nova/e/9781569759035/

    AZ
    http://www.amazon.com/American-Apocalypse-Collapse-Begins-Nova/dp/1569759030/

    no referrer codes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think you will find all kinds of ideas by watching the current situation in northern Africa. That and your previous experiences in the Southeast Asian Conference are a rich resource indeed.

    Jim in MO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nova,

    I think that the tech levels will not be uniformly distributed... for example many oil & gas fields use produced resources for power generation, they are off the grid but with energy resources and lots of engineers and hardware. These might prove to be a nucleus of a city-state or two that could maintain a higher tech level than other areas (think 50's crossed with steampunk eventually - compared to the other areas with 19th century tech)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nova,your point about the 1880's is well taken. 3 of my grandparents read about kittyhawk and watched the moon landing on TV. Things are changing MUCH more quickly now...people and social structures are not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already left a review. Said I liked your writing and was told by some fool with no imagination I was delusional (or words to that effect).

    Keep writing -- you get better, and the stories/tales also get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iam really looking forward to your forth coming works. To me it is a new genre of writing that I truly enjoy. It is always a break from the hassles of my day a mind relaxer. Long May You Barc ! [ I also love the fact that we can comment anonymously here ]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nova,

    I've been meaning to write for a while just to tell you how much I've enjoyed how the story have evolved, and to say I think your writing style has greatly improved. It was always a good story, but now there seems to be a lot more debth and detail to it.

    Anyway, thanks again.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. nova,

    i am 15 years old and i love your books, my librarian at school has been asking me about the books, i started the first book about 3 or so month's ago i am now starting the fourth book, keep writing, this series is the best i have ever read so far in my life.

    thank you,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Adrian,

    Thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked them and I appreciate you taking the time to write.

    Regards,

    Steve/nova

    ReplyDelete