Monday, September 20, 2010

The Chosen - Part 11 - by Nova

I noticed two things right off with Tim. The first was he smelled like money. The second was he was an asshole. Especially after I cuffed him. Sharon had come up with a pair of silver handcuffs for us to use. She got them from a friend who had used them with her ex-boyfriend. Sharon had laughed as she dangled them from one finger and told us "Kim told me she thought she had him eating out of her hand until she came home and found he had cleaned her out and run off with her cousin LeShawn." She was still smiling when she added, as much to us as herself "Shit happens."

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He asked me as I snapped them on his wrists. I had him leaning forward with his face in the head rest of the driver sides passenger seat. Roy was driving. Sharon was in front with him and me and Tim were in the back. Once I finished I grabbed him by the collar of shirt and jerked him back into his seat. Then I snapped his seat belt on him. Next I pulled his cell phone off his belt and tossed it out the window. I ripped his Borg implant off his ear and tossed that too. That really pissed him off. "Hey that's a fucking iPhone!"

"Why do you feel it necessary to say 'Fuck' in every sentence?" was my reply.

"Because I fucking feel like it. That's why. Who the hell are you people? Don't tell me SunTrust again because despite their reputation for hiring retards I doubt if they would hired you." He grinned at me when he finished. It faded a little when Roy started laughing. Roy thought that was funny. I thought it rude an uncalled for.

"Tim" I told him "Just sit back an enjoy the ride."

He couldn't do that. He had to talk.

"So what's this all about? Is this some bullshit idea of kidnapping? Because if it the feds will be crawling up your ass within hours."

I ignored him and looked straight ahead while I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He didn't like that.

"Hey! Hey Buddy. Sorry. I shouldn't have called you a retard. You want to tell me what's going on?" He was using a different tone now. His voice was warm and silky and I though I saw his tongue flicker for second outside his mouth. It was red and forked. I had a little spasm of revulsion. I think he interpreted it as a sign he was on the right track with me. "Look. I don't know who is paying you but I can just about guarantee you that I can work out a better deal for you."

We were slowing down to pick up Rick. He jumped in the side that Tim was on and sandwiched him between us. Sandwiched being relative in that Roy drove an old school boat that could have fit four in the back comfortably.

"Hey! That's my car."

"No kidding asshole." Rick was pumped on adrenaline. That was obvious to me.

"Shit. Another retard. A talking one which is a little better than the others. Maybe you can explain to me whats going on here."

"Shut up" Was Ricks reply.

"Fuck you" Tim snarled.

I told him "I asked you once before why you found it necessary to use profanity and you did not answer me. I say to you 'They bend their tongues like vipers to kiss ass: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, so saith HE.' Do you understand that?"

He looked at me, paused, pursed his lips, and said "You're a raving lunatic aren't you?"

"No." I told him proudly " I am sent by HE who can't be named to show his people a sign."

For the first time since he begun his journey with us he looked worried. I was glad.

1 comment:

  1. Blood is starting to pump...

    "I love the smell of cooking banker in the morning, it smells like....victory."
    Paraphrased from Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now.

    The Piper
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete